College Policies and Procedures
The College welcomes diversity amongst its students, staff and visitors, recognising the particular contributions to the achievement of the College's mission that can be made by individuals from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
The policy and practice of Mansfield College requires that all staff are offered equal opportunities within employment and that entry into employment with the College and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each particular post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary criterion. Subject to statutory provisions, no applicant or member of staff will be treated less favourably than another because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
In relation to students the College aims to provide education of excellent quality at undergraduate and graduate level for intellectually able students, whatever their background. In pursuit of this aim, the College is committed to using its best endeavours to ensure that all of its activities are governed by principles of equality of opportunity, and that all students are helped to achieve their full academic potential. This statement applies to recruitment and admissions, to the coverage of the curriculum, to teaching and assessment of progress, to welfare and support services, and to staff development and training.
Information for the University of Oxford (within which Mansfield is one College) on gender, race and disability can be found on the University's Equality & Diversity Pages.
- Mansfield Equality Policy & Public Sector Equality Duty
- Mansfield College Equal Opportunities Policy Development & Review
- Mansfield College Trans Policy
- Mansfield Recruitment Monitoring - Academic Posts
- Mansfield Recruitment Monitoring - Administrative Posts
- Mansfield Gender Pay Gap Report - 2018
- Mansfield College Equality Report 2017-18
- JCR report on Equality & Diversity for 2017-18 academic year
- MCR report on Equality & Diversity for 2017-18 academic year
- Mansfield Current Students Equality Information
- Mansfield Undergraduate Admissions Equality Information
- Mansfield Graduate Admissions Equality Information for 2017 entry
Collection and Retention of Staff and Student Data
Conflicts of Interest
- Policy and Procedure on Conflicts of Interest
- Policy and Procedure on Conflicts of Interest arising in undergraduate admissions