This website is run by Mansfield College, Oxford. We want as many people as possible to be able to use our website, and we are working towards bringing it in line with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard (WCAG).
Our website currently allows users to:
• Zoom to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
• Navigate to page in multiple ways
• Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
• Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
• Listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website
• most older PDF and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards
• some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
• some assistive technologies may not recognize and interact with elements of the site
What to do if you cannot access part of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format (such as accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille), please contact the Development Office:
call +44 (0)1865 270998
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 20 days. If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact our Tutor for Disabilities Andrew Higgins, email@example.com and Development Office, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Mansfield College is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
• Webforms do not meet accessibility standards as they do not use autocomplete tokens, do not provide a summary of multiple errors and may not use the correct ARIA markup. This does not meet WCAG 1.3.5, 3.3.1 and 3.3.2. We use webforms for submitting library book requests, requesting information (incl. updating details) and event registration. These can be done in alternative ways, such as via email to the relevant office.
• Some elements on the website do not have sufficient colour contrast, specifically the gold on white and white on gold text. This fails WCAG 1.4.3. We will review our website colour palette and make appropriate adjustments to ensure sufficient colour contrast across the website.
• Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content). We plan to add appropriate text alternatives for all images. When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
• Some link text doesn't make sense when read on its own (for example 'view all'). This does not meet WCAG 2.4.4. We plan to fix the existing links by December 2020. When we publish new content we will make sure link text meets accessibility standards.
• Some issues with display after changing line height and spacing. This does not meet WCAG 4.1.12. Our website developers are investigating this and will make appropriate updates by December 2020.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access our services, and forms published as Word documents. By December 2020, we plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix: https://www.mansfield.ox.ac.uk/sites/www.mansfield.ox.ac.uk/files/inline-files/Graduate%20Admissions%20Data.pdf.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 21 September 2020. The test was carried out by Olamalu.
• Our main website platform, available at https://www.mansfield.ox.ac.uk/
• A content and menu navigation page, available at, https://www.mansfield.ox.ac.uk/dev/alumni-and-development,
• A content page with PDFs, available at https://www.mansfield.ox.ac.uk/public-documents
• A page with search functionality, available at, https://www.mansfield.ox.ac.uk/events
• A contact page, available at https://www.mansfield.ox.ac.uk/contact-0
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We want our website to offer the best experience possible for all of our users. In addition to fixing known issues, we continue to work on website content and structure. We are working with our developers to fix issues and think about future developments.
This statement was prepared on 20 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 23 September 2020.