Covid-19 Updates & Resources
The University of Oxford COVID 19 microsite is regularly updated. This should be your first source of information on personal safety, travel, confirmed cases, and planning. Information from the University for current students can be found here.
The College staff listed below are available to answer questions or concerns about the following:
- Porters' Lodge, including general and maintenance enquiries:
- Head of House: Helen Mountfield QC, Principal
- Academic matters, including disability:
- Health: St Clements Surgery (College Doctors)
- Gail Leckie, Tutor for Welfare (and Tutor for Academic Support)
- Sarah Farrow, Chaplain
- Junior Deans (see College Handbook for contact information)
- Disciplinary matters
- Human Resources, Catering, Conference & Events:
- Development and Alumni Relations, Communications:
- Admissions: Helen Brooks, Academic and Admissions Manager
- Access and Outreach: Sara Harb, Access Officer
- Mansfield Student Covid-19 Protocol (Undergraduate and Visiting Student)
- Mansfield Student Covid-19 Protocol (Postgraduate)
- Covid-19 Student Responsibility Agreement
- Guidance for students self-isolating after arriving from abroad
- Mansfield College Boat Club Risk Assessment
- General Protocol
- Risk Assessment
- Returning to on site working safely and maintaining social distancing
Housekeeping and Cleaning
University Welfare Resources
Free online support through Big White Wall
We understand that the pandemic is a worrying time for many of you. Oxford Student Welfare and Support Services remain available through online and telephone appointments, and Oxford students can now also access free online support 24/7 through Big White Wall. Big White Wall is a free service giving you access to a global welfare community. It provides a safe space online to get things off your chest, explore your feelings, get creative and learn how to self-manage your mental health and wellbeing. Whether you’re struggling to sleep, feeling low, stressed or unable to cope, Big White Wall can help you get support, take control and feel better. On Big White Wall, you are totally anonymous to other members in the community, and your personal information is kept secure while you are on the site (see Big White Wall’s privacy statement). The University will not be informed if you’ve signed up to Big White Wall or know what you have been doing unless Big White Wall are seriously concerned about your safety. To join, simply visit the official website and Register under ‘’I’m from a university or college” with your Oxford e-mail address.
The Chaplain recommends the following welfare resources for tips on home working, anxiety, mindfulness and staying active.
The Main Library and Reading Rooms will remain closed to all readers and visitors until Michaelmas Term.
Please send any enquiries and requests related to books to firstname.lastname@example.org. The College Librarian is available to help remotely. See the Library (https://www.mansfield.ox.ac.uk/library )website page for further details of services that are still available.
The College’s graduation ceremonies scheduled for July to August 2020 will not be able to go ahead due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We know that those who were due to graduate on these days will be very disappointed by this news, but we hope to be able to host all 2020 graduands for ceremonies in 2021 and beyond.
The University has announced that students affected will be able to choose whether to have their degrees conferred in absentia or attend a degree ceremony at a later date. The details of this have yet to be determined, and may mean you do not have much choice over your ceremony date. We want to reassure you that, if you decide you want your degree conferred in person, we will do all we can to make sure you have the celebration you deserve.
Please visit the University’s website for the latest updates.