Assistive equipment and procedures
The Library offers a variety of resources and provisions for Mansfield members with disabilities and special requirements. If you have any questions, please contact us: email@example.com
Resources (available in the Library and/or Reading Rooms):
- Coloured acetate sheets
- Book stands
- Ergonomic seating
- Height adjustable desks
- Reading strips with coloured overlays
- Magnifying glass (available on request)
- Book delivery: Library staff are happy to deliver books to alternative locations around College, such as the Lodge, Crypt, student rooms and KG East (which has an ergonomic chair and table intended for students who are unable to access the Library).
- Extended borrowing rights: Library staff are happy to consider longer borrowing periods and increased borrowing limits on application from members.
- Disabled users may also nominate a person to check out books on their behalf.
- Permission may be given by the Librarian for a helper, approved by the University Disability office, to accompany a student when using the Library.
See also the Bodleian Libraries' Information for disabled readers and find out more about the Disability Advisory Service (DAS) and the Accessible Resources Unit (ARACU), http://www.ox.ac.uk/students/welfare/disability
There is also a list of self-help e-Books which is on the Bodleian Libraries website under Information for Disabled Readers. This list can be found here: https://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/using/disability/resources/self-help-books