Alumni and Supporter Promise
Our Promise To You
Here are our core principles for the lifelong College community.
Since its founding in 1886 successive generations of Mansfield College students have been sustained by the generosity of alumni and other supporters. Today’s members of Mansfield College are lastingly grateful for that legacy and continued generosity.
From the moment students enrol at Mansfield College or a scholar becomes a Fellow they are lifelong members of the College, first as members and then as alumni. This foundational association has concrete benefits for the individual and for the College, maintaining a unique community across the generations. Individual alumni may become more or less involved with College throughout the years and are always welcome at College.
- Alumni membership status is a right of those who enrolled at Mansfield College and its benefits are subject only to College and University statutes and applicable law.
- The College relies on all the many alumni and others who have chosen to support the present and future generations through acts of generosity including financial support.
- Alumni and other supporters rely on the College to be good and faithful stewards of the alumni relationship and of their financial support to Mansfield College and its community.
- We maintain contact and share information about the College with as many alumni as possible and greatly welcome their engagement with the College; we will always respect the wishes of any alumni who wish to expand or limit communications by type or means.
We promise you:
- We will be faithful stewards of the alumni relationship. You are always welcome in College.
- We welcome advice on how to improve and evolve the alumni and College community. If you have a question we will do our best to answer it. You may reach us on +44-1865 270988 or at email@example.com
- We will spend any gift as you direct. We will prove this to you by telling you about how your donations are used and demonstrating the positive impact of your support on College via regular communication in our donor report.
- We will always say thank you and be grateful for any gift, and recognise your support (including anonymously if you wish).
- We will handle your personal information with care and confidentiality, processing it in accordance with the Data Protection Act, the General Data Protection Regulation, and all other applicable laws to support the College mission, related events, fundraising, sharing news, volunteering, and networking activities. We will only contact you in the way you want us to – you may change your preferences by calling us on +44-1865 270988 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any complaint about our handling of a data or fundraising matter you may reach us on +44-1865 270988 or at development@Mansfield.ox.ac.uk. We will acknowledge receipt of a complaint, investigate, and inform you of the result within four weeks of receipt.
- You may find our data privacy notice here
We are committed to following and advancing relevant standards of best practice when engaging with all alumni, other members of College, and other supporters. This applies to in-person contact, communications, data handling, fundraising, and financial management.
Wherever possible we seek to go above and beyond these requirements to assure that in our interactions with you we will be honest, clear, open, respectful, fair, reasonable, responsible, and accountable.
As a registered charity we are regulated by the Charity Commission for England and Wales; in education and teaching matters by the Department for Education and by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, and the Office for Students; and in handling data by the Information Commissioner’s Office. In fundraising we adhere to all applicable laws in the relevant jurisdictions (England/Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the United States, Canada, Australia, Singapore, China, etc.), and we follow voluntary recommendations applicable in our Collegiate/alumni context of the England/Wales Fundraising Regulator’s Fundraising Code; the American Donor Bill of Rights developed by the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education; the Association of Fundraising Professionals; the Giving Institute; and the Association or Healthcare Philanthropy; the Inspire Canada Standards Program for Canada’s Charities & Non-profits; the Fundraising Institute Australia Code; and the Singapore Charity Council Code of Governance.
Registered Charity Number: 1143860
 Such as access to the College grounds, alumni events in and out of College, publications, lifelong learning opportunities, reunions/gaudies, and Oxford University activities
 Subject to College gift acceptance policies.